Postnatal depression (PND) is a type of depression some women experience after having a baby. It affects about 1 in 10 women.
The main symptoms of PND are:
- Persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- Loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- Lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- Feeling tearful, lonely, inadequate and overwhelmed
- Lack of concentration
- Low self-confidence
- Poor appetite or an increase in appetite
- Feeling very agitated
- Feelings of guilt and self-blame
- Thinking about suicide and self-harming
Time 4 Mum
The group is run by a Health Visitor and a postnatal Early Help Practitioner, and will focus on how PND affects you and your family.
Groups will consist of a max of 10 mothers and run for 6 weeks. Babies under 12 months are welcome to attend with Mum if necessary
Groups will be on Wednesday 10:30—12:00 on:
8th June or 27th July
15th June 3rd August
22nd June 10th August
29th June 17th August
6th July 24th August
13th July 31st August
In order for you to benefit from the group we advise that you attend all 6 sessions.
Sessions will be held at:
Bluebell Wood Children’s Centre, St Albans Close, Worcester WR5 1PP.
Please contact your Health Visitor if you wish to join this group.